Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to change username color.

Hey, i'm wondering if it is still possible to change your username color for Vanilla 2.1, i've tried the RoleTitle plugin, adding CSS to theme, and adding it to the custom.css, but nothing seems to be working.

Does this method not work? Or am I doing something wrong.

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

do you want you change all username colors to a different color,
    or do you want to change username color based on role.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Based on roles.> @peregrine said:

do you want you change all username colors to a different color,
    or do you want to change username color based on role.

• Options

with roletitle plugin - just add your css

e.g. this will change admin name to green within the discussion thread.

.Role_Administrator .Author a {
      color:green;
    }

Use your web inspector or css tools.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Ok, thanks, that seemed to work, also, what do I put for a role with 2 words? Like 'Staff Manager' in the CSS?

And, is there any way to make the name color for the whole forums, not just in discussions?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

Ok, thanks, that seemed to work, also, what do I put for a role with 2 words? Like 'Staff Manager'

.Role_StaffManager .Author a {
    color:blue;
    }

And, is there any way to make the name color for the whole forums, not just in discussions?

you could also change things on the profile page via css the .Role_Administrator class , etc appears there.

the discussions page would require plugin modifications.

someone else may want to spend the time and post all the necessary changes to plugin.

• Options

@peregrine said:
    with roletitle plugin - just add your css

e.g. this will change admin name to green within the discussion thread.

.Role_Administrator .Author a {
      color:green;
    }

Use your web inspector or css tools.

hey peregrine,

I was able to change the color for the role, but is there a way to do it without Role titles plugin? or make it not show up?

I'm asking it because I already have yaga ranks enabled and showing up there...

What I need removed:

Thank you very much! :)

• Options

@rustman

hide the title with css.

read a few css tutorials and web developer, or firebug tutorials on the web

• Options
    rustmanrustman New
    edited November 2014

I've hidden the text, but it's still there when you hover.

This is what I've done:

.RoleTitle {
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }

Is there a better way to do this?

• Options

how come you don't use

display:none

?

• Options

LOL

Sorry my friend, I'm new to css. Looking for a complicated way to do do an easy task :)

thanks!

• Options

@rustman

no problem, you did exactly what all forum questioners might consider doing.

you provided an image and clear question of what you want to accomplish and what you tried.

and then you added a thanks and clicked on a reaction, and acknowledged the solution that worked for you.

• Options

@peregrine I have RoleTitles installed and I've followed the instructions listed here. The name colors won't change, I've tried adding !important as well.

Any ideas?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Master99 said:
    peregrine I have RoleTitles installed and I've followed the instructions listed here. The name colors won't change, I've tried adding !important as well.

Any ideas?

state exactly what you did step by step in detail

• (everything you did, including all css changes, theme you are using, version of vanilla, etc.
    • If you just say "I followed all the steps", I won't be able to help you.

• post a screenshot of your image with web developer tools.

• read the faq, if you don't know css or web developer tools to debug.

read the faq (all comments)

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/faq

• Options

Using the CSSEdit plugin it now works. Thank you @peregine!