Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Layout looks like mobile layout after upgrading

I upgraded from Vanilla 2.0.18 to the latest version and at first sight everything works okay, but I get a mobile-ish layout. Here's a screenshot:

Any idea what could be wrong? I tried the troubleshooting steps from the Vanilla docs, but to no vain.

Comments

• Options

I removed application/dashboard/views/default.master.php and now it looks like it's ok again. Is there more I need to do?

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited November 2014

Read the upgrade instructions.

Did you go to yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update ?
    Did you delete /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php ?

If yes, you should be set, but you probably have to test the functionality of your installed plugins.

• Options

I did all that.
    Just find it weird that I had to delete the default.master.php file. It's not in the upgrade instructions so it feels wrong?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@bytte said:
    I did all that.
    Just find it weird that I had to delete the default.master.php file. It's not in the upgrade instructions so it feels wrong?

what instructions are you reading? maybe @linc can fix that - if you can point to where it is missing from the instructions.

It seems to be here

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26685/vanilla-2-1-stable-released/p1

Delete the files /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php

AND /applications/dashboard/views/default.master.php (not default.master.tpl which should also be in that folder)

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/2.1/README.md

To upgrade to 2.1 from 2.0.18, add this step:

Delete the file /themes/mobile/views/discussions/helper_functions.php

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.