Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to display replies by date

Answers

• I moved the Panel div and the contained sub-panels as suggested and the result is the same.

Maybe I'll try changing another theme.

• @cheilenereinfo said:
    I moved the Panel div and the contained sub-panels as suggested and the result is the same.

Maybe I'll try changing another theme.

Although some people like themes with default.master.php

I have a bias to use themes that are default.master.tpl based and themes that do not have folders that change views for discussions or discussion or entry or helper functions. Because when you upgrade vanilla again, the views and helper functions will be stale may have security fixes, and may also be missing events to trigger of that may be in the newer versions of vanilla. The tpl based themes use smarty functions so if the function changes in the next upgrade you don't have to worry about some older php functions that may be in your default.master.php.

you might consider the default of a few themes that have panels on the left. To me, it is easier to click on the left when clicking on panels, But then some people prefer the panels on the right. I guess thats a user preference.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes, you're right. I'll search for a theme that I can customise. If I can manage to make it similar to the actual forum, I will make the upgrade immediately. Otherwise I will not hurry with the upgrading

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thank you very much peregrine. I will take a look at those links and I'll keep experimenting with the new version of Vanilla.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes you need to add the css I gave you to fix it. Here it is more refined..You don't need another theme just fix this one

#Body {
    width: 100%;
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-width: 1000px;
    }

#Panel {
    width: 250px;
    padding: 30px;
    right: -230px;
    float: right;
    position: relative;
    }

#Content{
    width: 680px;
    float: none;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 30px;
    }

#Head .Search, #Head #Search {
    bottom: 3px;
    top: -40px;
    right: 40px;
    }

#Menu {
    display: inline;
    left: 100px;
    top: 5px;
    }

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@vrijvlinder said:

You don't need another theme just fix this one

yes. HOWEVER, it is not only css that needs to be changed though.

will he would need another theme unless he wants to ignore the stale (vanilla 2.0) views and helper functions that are missing fire events and security changes like htmlspecialchars, etc.

so I recommend you compare against vanilla 2.1 views and helper functions.

Just zip me your theme and I will fix it for you if you want. I will add the missing things and zip it back to you...

I found some more things to be fixed

#Foot div {
    width: 100%;
    padding: 4px 0;
    text-align: center;
    }

.footleft {
    float: left;
    width: 25%!important;
    height: 100%;
    left: 0px;
    top: 0px;
    margin: 0 !important;
    border-right: 1px solid #212121;
    }
    .footleft ul {
    margin-top: 10px;
    margin-left: 12px;
    text-align: left;
    }
    .footright {
    float: right;
    left: 0;
    height: 100%;
    margin: 0 !important;
    width: 25%!important;
    border-left: 1px solid #212121;
    border-right: none;
    }
    .footright ul {
    margin-top: 10px;
    margin-left: 22px;
    text-align: left;
    }

.footfarright {
    float: none;
    left: 0;
    height: 100%!important;
    border-left: none;
    margin: 0 auto!important;
    width: 20%!important;
    }

#JumpToTop {
    position: fixed;
    bottom: 14px;
    z-index: 99999;
    }
    .Tabs ul li{
    display: inline!important;
    }

• @vvrijvlinder This is the zipped theme: http://cheilenereinfo.ro/imagini/fruit.zip

Meanwhile I wil try to add the code lines you suggested. Thank you very much

Ok, I went to bed early lat night so I just saw the zip, will get back to you with the improved version asap.

• No problem. Thank you very much for this huge help.

@cheilenereinfo‌

I am working on it now, You really need to use modules instead of packing the master with so much stuff.
    I will leave that in there, but you should place all that stuff inside modules.
    Not sure what all those custom.css you have in the folder besides the actual custom.css of the theme.

If they are not being used, change the name from custom to something else. Vanilla calls anything called custom.css

I deleted files that caused issues with 2.1 in the views folder. You had a duplicate master.

I will work on it some more until I can get it as tight as possible.

• I have to find a tutorial that I can understand, which explains how to create the modules. Indeed, when I tried to add some scripts to the master, I realised that some small icons dissappeared ( in the CLE editor, if I remember well). Finally I found some scripts that did't create and conflicts and I put them all in the master. I know it was not the best solution but it was all I knew how to do it.

• In all detail:
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/27124/how-do-i-write-a-plugin-with-a-module#latest

Or you could use the widgets plugin as a template:
    http://vanillaforums.org/get/widgets-plugin-1.1

But for your use, Pockets may be sufficient.

@cheilenereinfo‌

Here is the zip with the fixed version. If you find anything weird let me know. It should all work well and look the same as the old , maybe better...

@Bleistvt
    The plugin widgets is perfect for this. I think it is better to make modules because you can sort them using the module sort configuration, you can't sort pockets.

• @vrijvlinder You just saved my life.

Just a minor problem (I hope so). I get this error (DateUpdated) when hitting the Post discution button and doesn't allow me to post the discution. Any idea?

edited November 2014

This has nothing to do with the theme. Let me see if I get the same problem

No I do not have that issue. I was able to post fine, maybe it is your permissions or something else.

I was able to see that the post page needs adjustment. I will fix that and just give you the custom.css to replace the one I gave you before .

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

regarding DateUpdated este necesar

see if you get the same problem with the default theme.

if so

disable discussionpolls plugin and see if you get the same problem.

if you still get same problem disable plugins via the dashboard one by one until problem goes away.

• Now it sems that now theme is working except this one....Should I re-install the Vanilla forum? I get error when trying to reply to a discution and I get error when trying to post a new discution.