Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not working with 2.1.6

It seems quotes is occasionally working for some people, but the javascript occasionally goes to discussion/getquote/Comment_451572?format=Html
which only contains:

{"Code":400,"Exception":"DiscussionController->Discussion not found.","Class":"Exception"}

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

What version of quotes ? the new one is supposed to work

• edited November 2014

Version 1.6.9 released a day before 2.1.6 so maybe something broke with the vanilla update

• That has little to do with this. It's literally a bug somewhere in either vanilla or the quotes, as you can see because it's throwing a PHP exception saying discussion not found, despite me being in the discussion/it being present. It's not a generic HTTP 400 error

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Can you see in your error logs what it says besides the popup message . It should list all the errors .

• I don't think you're reading what I'm saying, that is the entire contents of the getquotes page. There is no popup or other error list. The quote button calls some ajax which reaches out and tries to fetch that getquote URL, which then fails because it's not returning the quote text and instead just that error message.
    That bad error handling is a bug in itself but not getting the quotes is a fairly large bug too.

• does this happen if you switch to markdown as your input formatter?

and does the problem occur on a specific discussion (meaning is it repeatable consistently for a particular discussion or comment/

or comment id) or repeatable for every comment and discussion.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

manipulation of posts errors: I installed a fresh 2.1.6 on my server in a new > .com I accessed my working database and worked both my old 2.0.18.8 and the new installation. So i could test any error on both. 2.0.18.8 is as normal and works fine. But the new installation I'm having many errors. I was not sure at first if the theme was a problem but no as i try many themes. It seems like an indexing problem somewhere: I done a repair on on the database. Attached are the first errors.

**# Error on trying to delete a discussion: The discussion was open at the time. **
    "DiscussionController->Discussion not found."

LOCATION: /home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php

40: Deprecated('DiscussionController->CommentData', "DiscussionController->Data('Comments')");
    41: return $this->Data('Comments');
    42: break;
    43: }

44: throw new Exception("DiscussionController->$Name not found.", 400);

45: }
    46:
    47: /**
    48: * Default single discussion display.

BACKTRACE:
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/plugins/AutoExpireDiscussions/default.php 170] DiscussionController->__get();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 705] AutoExpireDiscussions->DiscussionController_Render_Before();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php 638] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandler();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.pluggable.php 196] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandlers();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php 608] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php 608] DiscussionController->Render();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php 608] DiscussionController->Delete();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.dispatcher.php 350] PHP::call_user_func_array();
    [/home3/myhost/public_html/isaanexpats/index.php 46] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

• @DennisS, could you please open new discussions for unrelated errors?

edited November 2014

Ok, I have open a post Problems with 2.1.6 I will put my problems on there, can you delete from here? This post is for plugins problems???

• @DenisS said:
    Ok, I have open a post Problems with 2.1.6 I will put my problems on there, can you delete from here? This post is for plugins problems???

Denis - if you look at the error message, there is a clue - you see the word AutoExpireDiscussions in your error message that you posted.

here is the concept.

• If you have a problem with a plugin you post your problem under the plugin as well.
    • you see the word AutoExpireDiscussions in your error message. this is the clue.
    • if you disable AutoExpireDiscussions and the problem goes away. then you can logically guess that the problem is being caused by that plugin
    • then the next step is post your issue by going to AutoExpireDiscussions, then choose ask a question.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220031/#Comment_220031

• then the next step is to add to the spreadsheet in this discussion and make a comment in the discussion detailing error.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1/p1

you posted in a discussion that is dealing with the quotes plugin.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.