Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Error accessing discutions

I have this strange error and I need an advice, if possible. My Vanilla version is 2.1.6

So...I have 2 discussions in my forum that have a lot of comments. As ADMIN, I can access these two discussions. As a USER (that has MEMBER rights), I cannot view these two discussions and I get this error: "Something has gone wrong. We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.Please check back in a little while." As a MEMBER I can view any other short discussion except those two that have a lot of replies.

Any idea why is this happening?

Thanks

Answers

• edited November 2014

Any advice?

• It seems that the problem is bigger.

I entered the MEMBER account as I made and I wrote a reply to a discussion.

When I tried to access that discussion as ADMIN, I got the same error: "Something has gone wrong...."

Is there a right conflicts? I dind't change anything. I didn't get this error in my previous Vanilla version.

• As a simple USER (not registered), I can access any discussion. Only the ADMIN and MEMBER have the problem

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited November 2014

How can we know if you don't show us the full error message?

Enable debug mode and post what you get

$Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE;

• @cheilenereinfo

you should know by now what you should do when you see...."something has gone wrong...."

Question 15 in the FAQ. you should know this already.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219669/#Comment_219669

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28420/faq

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes, sorry. It's my bad for not giving all the info.

So, after DEBUG enabling, I receive this message:

DiscussionController->Options not found.

The error occurred on or near: /applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php

40: Deprecated('DiscussionController->CommentData', "DiscussionController->Data('Comments')");

41: return $this->Data('Comments');

42: break;

43: }

44: throw new Exception("DiscussionController->$Name not found.", 400);

45: }

46:

47: /**

48: * Default single discussion display.

• And this:

Backtrace:

[/plugins/SendPM/class.sendpm.plugin.php:39] DiscussionController->__get();

[/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:705] SendPMPlugin->DiscussionController_CommentOptions_Handler();

[/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:638] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandler();

[/library/core/class.pluggable.php:144] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandlers();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:334] Gdn_Pluggable->FireEvent();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:351] PHP::GetCommentOptions();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:88] PHP::WriteCommentOptions();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php:19] PHP::WriteComment();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/index.php:52] PHP::include();

[/library/core/class.controller.php:779] PHP::include();

[/library/core/class.controller.php:1245] Gdn_Controller->FetchView();

[/library/core/class.pluggable.php:210] Gdn_Controller->xRender();

[/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:234] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();

[/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:234] DiscussionController->Render();

[/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:234] DiscussionController->Index();

[/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:350] PHP::call_user_func_array();

[/index.php:46] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

• Does it help now? For me, this is a language that I don't understand, so if possible, please help. Any suggestion would help.

• i found a plugin that generated the error. It was SendPM plugin.

The problem is that after I disabled the plugin, another error appeared. The CLE Editor dissappeared. I can post but now I cannot choose the font (the cle editor menu)

• It's working now. I don't know how, but it appeared. Thanks

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

@cheilenereinfo said:
    And this:

Backtrace:

[/plugins/SendPM/class.sendpm.plugin.php:39] DiscussionController->__get();

[/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:705] SendPMPlugin->DiscussionController_CommentOptions_Handler();

[/library/core/class.pluginmanager.php:638] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandler();

[/library/core/class.pluggable.php:144] Gdn_PluginManager->CallEventHandlers();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:334] Gdn_Pluggable->FireEvent();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:351] PHP::GetCommentOptions();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/helper_functions.php:88] PHP::WriteCommentOptions();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/comments.php:19] PHP::WriteComment();

[/applications/vanilla/views/discussion/index.php:52] PHP::include();

[/library/core/class.controller.php:779] PHP::include();

[/library/core/class.controller.php:1245] Gdn_Controller->FetchView();

[/library/core/class.pluggable.php:210] Gdn_Controller->xRender();

[/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:234] Gdn_Pluggable->__call();

[/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:234] DiscussionController->Render();

[/applications/vanilla/controllers/class.discussioncontroller.php:234] DiscussionController->Index();

[/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:350] PHP::call_user_func_array();

[/index.php:46] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

found a plugin that generated the error. It was SendPM plugin.

so apparently you found a plugin that needs to be upgraded for vanilla 2.1 - SendPM

you can add the name of the plugin that is incompatible with 2.1 to the list in this discussion link here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1/p1

so others can see the list of plugins that work and don't work in 2.1.x

AND ALSO add your error message
    here:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/sendpm-plugin -

and then choose ask a question:

so the author can see the problem easier.

It's extra work by you - but it helps get the problem solved and helps others if posted that way tied to the plugin discussions and in the list as well, as indicated above.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Done. Thanks

• excellent followup.