Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

translation problem

jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am looking how to translate the text: Your password must be at least 6 characters long. as well as the words Too short, Weak, Strong etc.
I tried this in my locales Dutch (captured.php) but it does not listen to that.

Where can i find the original lines of text?

Sorry, it is supposed to be a general question; i see now that it has nothing to do with the plugin

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please look at applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA to see all the definitions

$Definition['ValidateStrength'] = 'The supplied %s is too weak. Try using a stronger password and use the strength meter as a guide.';

• @jackmaessen said:
    I am looking how to translate the text: Your password must be at least 6 characters long. as well as the words Too short, Weak, Strong etc.
    I tried this in my locales Dutch (captured.php) but it does not listen to that.

Where can i find the original lines of text?

Sorry, it is supposed to be a general question; i see now that it has nothing to do with the plugin

once again password validation has abosolutely NOTHING to do with this plugin.

and once again all translations can be done via...

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26597/tutorial-how-to-change-wording-how-to-change-text-how-to-change-language-how-to-change-locale

and no Please look at applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA to see all the definitions

does not have all the definitions.

but you can see most definitions here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220339/#Comment_220339

btw thanks for your recent donation, much appreciated.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Well i read the article and i already did it that way. Per example, i put this line:
    $Definition['Your password must be at least 6 characters long.'] = 'Wachtwoord moet uit minimal 6 karakters bestaan.'; in conf/locale.php and also in applications/dashboard/locale/en-CA/defenitions.php but no result.
    he doesn't translate it.

edited November 2014

did you delete .ini files from cache ?

I don't think the digit is correct it should be %s or something instead of 6 because that is a variable validation rule

• yes i did clean the cache folder and i put %s instead of 6 but also no result...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

und now this whole discussion is in add registration question, when it should have been posted in locales category.

capesh!

Capisci ?

your discussion title should be:

How do I translate - Your password must be at least 6 characters long

edited November 2014

who speaks dutch anyway.... :p that is what dutch people told me ...

• jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

@vrijvlinder There is an anacdote which says;

A person who speaks 2 languages is called: bilingual

A person whos speaks more than 2 languages is called: multilingual

A person whos speaks only 1 language is called: an american ;)

• @jackmaessen said:
    vrijvlinder There is an anacdote which says;

A person who speaks 2 languages is called: bilingual

A person whos speaks more than 2 languages is called: multilingual

A person whos speaks only 1 language is called: an american ;)

actually the third line would be correct if it was.

A person who speaks only 1 language is called: an American ;)

• you might also sign up for the transifex and add your translation, since it is missing.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28108/vanillas-transifex-moved-rejoin-your-team

• @jackmaessen

several hints you may have ignored.....

@peregrine said:
    you might also sign up for the transifex and add your translation, since it is missing.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28108/vanillas-transifex-moved-rejoin-your-team

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1/p1

meaning list plugins that do work.

and ones that don't work. (aside from your desired enhancements).

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1/p1

part of the issue is educating your users. and they probably won't read read me's, tutorials, or documentation either.

edited December 2014

yet another problem with translation:
    I followed these instructions: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220442#Comment_220442
    There is one case i can not translate:
    In the file applications\vanilla\js\discussion.js there is this line:
    confirmHeading: gdn.definition('ConfirmDeleteCommentHeading', 'Delete Comment'),

By following the instructions it should be translated this way in my locale.php

$Definition['ConfirmDeleteCommentHeading'] = 'Translated text';
    But it doens't work...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

the concept is you post a NEW discussion under locales category.

for some unknown reason you seem to think this has to do with add registration plugin, which it has nothing to do with.

if you disable the plugin and still have issues, you can be sure the plugin has nothing to do with any of your questions in this thread.

• can a moderator close this discussion please.

edited December 2014

i can not post into locales categrory because i dont' have that option
    Localisation, releases, development, feedback, Yuts, 21. Help, 2.0 help and General banter;
    Ofcourse i know it has nothing to do with the plugin, but who gives a shit in which topic this is being posted?
    At my forum if someone puts in the wrong category i also make no problem about that...i answer the question in the wrong category ...whats the problem? And if you don't want to answer her: just don't....easy enough

edited December 2014

i can not post into locales categrory because i dont' have that option; only:

Localisation, releases, development, feedback, Yuts, 21. Help, 2.0 help and General banter;
    Yes i did put it into the wrong category again, sorry about that...
    I shall make a new topic