Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Cannot move threads - just get a blank box with an 'X'

Hi,

I've just updated my Vanilla install to the latest version, but now when I try to move a thread I just get a small empty box with an 'X' in it? Any ideas what's up please? The split functionality works fine.

Thanks

Comments

• what version of vanilla?

what version of split/merge?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Sorry I'm using version Version 2.1.3 of Vanilla

And Version 1.01 of Split/Merge

Here's what I get when I try to move some posts:

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

blizeH said: Sorry I'm using version Version 2.1.3 of Vanilla

three things come to mind.

1 - upgrade vanilla - but you knew that.
    2 - security problems are more of an issue than getting plugins to work.
    3 - try using the split/merge that comes with vanilla core.

and a fourth if you haven't read it.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/23816/split-merge-fe-1-01-on-vanilla-2-1b1-move-comment-not-working

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thank you very much peregrine, how do I use the split/merge that comes with vanilla core? I've disabled the plugin version I have but now can't split or merge

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

I would try split merge version 1.1 from vanilla 2.1 core zip file

extract it and move it.

also you could try the one that comes with master version of vanilla, of split/merge 1.2 on github.

I've tested neither.

• just looked at the split/merge that comes with core. it doesn't have a move option.

• blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Thank you peregrine... sounds like my best option could be to hope that the extension author fixes it then :) I'll take a look at the code myself later but I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for.

Cheers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

@blizeH said:
    Thank you peregrine... sounds like my best option could be to hope that the extension author fixes it then :)

Cheers

the problem is here at a minimum .... line 127 or so in split/merge FE

$CommentModel = new CommentModel();
                        $CommentModel->SQL
                            ->Update($CommentModel->Name)
                            ->Set('DiscussionID', $ResultDiscussionID)
                            ->WhereIn('CommentID', $DiscussionCommentIDs)
                            ->Put();

S hasn't fixed anything in recent times. think he has moved on.

what you could do is request move comment feature on github so it might "move" could possibly get incorporated into the standard split/merge.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

this is the error if anyone wants to pursue split/merge fe (or adding the move function to split/merge

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭
    edited January 2015

I got that , but just clicking the mouse on the page and all was ok.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

@DenisS said:
    I got that , but just clicking the mouse on the page and all was ok.

and it moved the comment in vanilla 2.1, which is the goal.

or you got that error? and it didn't move the the comment in 2.1 despite where you moved your mouse :wink: