HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

sidepanel behaviour

jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
edited December 2014 in Feedback

I just want to mention some things which, for me, are not very logical.

In the sidepanel, there are a couple of links. If you are not logged in, you can always see: Categories, Recent Discussions and Activity.
When you hit the first 2, the sidepanel stays intact. You can easily hit another link. But when you choose the third one, Activity, the sidebar is gone. You have to browse back for the sidepanel. So i can imagin when people click on activity they think: "Hey, where is the sidebar gone?"

The same behaviour occurs when you click on a member.
Now you can see again a sidebar with: activity, discussions, comments and on this forum: addons.
When clicking on the first 3, the sidebar is still there. When you click on addons, the sidebar is gone. So again you have to browse back. I know that the last one is a plugin, but it would be more consequent if the sidebar on the addons page also keeps intact.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

I think the idea is to keep discussions related stuff out of the profile and activity and keep things clean and the sidepanel uncluttered and highlight things that are specific to profile and activity and conversations, instead of dragging other unnecessary info on to those pages.

you don't have to browse back you just use the menu bar at the top depending on your theme.

it's a choice made by the developers - you can always add modules via template to suit your needs.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

The activity page only loads the $this->AddModule('ActivityFilterModule'); activity filter module