HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Edit Profile in sidepanel

I was testing with this plugin and i noticed when clicking on one of the other member names there appears the "Edit Profile" link in the sidebar. Ofcourse when clicking on this you get the permission problem page but it should not appear at all, right?
At least, that is what i see: click on a member name, after that click on My Attachments in the sidepanel and you see the attachments of that member but also the "Edit Profile" link...

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

hide it with css if you like or wait till vanilla version is updated not to show edit profile if users are not allowed to edit profile.

wth your experience you should know how to hide things with css. get a webdeveloper. search the element that is specific to that page and the find the element you want to hide.

it does what it is supposed to do. not permit people to edit profile if they don't have permissions, all cosmetic things are up to you, if you prefer, and you know css correct?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

are you using the most current version of My Attachments? :wink: I don't notice that problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• jackmaessenjackmaessen ✭✭✭
    edited December 2014

I am using 1.9 version. Ok, but there is a newer version? Where can if ind it? Github? Ofcourse i can hide it with display none.No problem. But it took my attention when i saw it. I will search for the class and hide the class being displayed :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@jackmaessen said:
    I am using 1.9 version. Ok, but there is a newer version? Where can if ind it?

http://vanillaforums.org/addons

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@‌jackmaessen

there is a newer version? Where can if ind it?

Pro Tip:

click on My Attachments in the Red Border above. At top of page.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

lol, that lamprey is horrible gives me the creeps, why must you edit the funny parts out ? makes my content out of place :(

here is an attachment anyway featuring Vanilla the Lamp rey ;)

click me !

edited December 2014

Excuse me, but yesterday there was still version 1.9 in the addons. So it must be replaced yesterday later by peregrine...
    That was the reason i asked: Where is the new version?

Latest Versions
    Version     Released
    2.0 December 13 --> you must have updated this after i checked the new version
    1.9 January 8
    1.8 January 8
    1.7 January 7
    1.6 January 6

The 2.0 version works great. I can see you added this in the css:

#dashboard_profile_myattachments .PanelInfo  {
        display: none !important;
    }

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@jackmaessen
    The 2.0 version works great.

I always like it when my plugins fall within your strict standards.

are you using the most current version of My Attachments? :wink:

Jack you missed the wink - :wink:

and yes by the time you asked the question the new version was already uploaded.

its called a prank. joke, subtle hint.

edited December 2014

@peregrine Oke, then it is my fault

I always like it when my plugins fall within your strict standards.

what can i say: i am just a perfectionist; I do not settle for 99% perfection ;)

What i like is that you every time are capable to make it perfect :)

Again much appreciated!