Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Colored usernames and small titles

Hi guys,

I would like to add color to usernames for my administrator and moderator groups. I have found a few tutorials on here, but they are old and after trying them, they do not work. This is the tutorial I used: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/18847/username-colour

In addition to the color, how can I add the little tags to the right of usernames like on here? I've searched for addons, to no avail.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

roletitle does it. it adds the role.

you could also play around with profile extender plugin to add other fields than use that field and display in the discussion.

If you want a custom plugin and make a donation something you can pm me.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited December 2014

@peregrine said:
    roletitle does it. it adds the role.

you could also play around with profile extender plugin to add other fields than use that field and display in the discussion.

If you want a custom plugin and make a donation something you can pm me.

Thank you.

Anyone know anything about the colors?

• Never mind, resolved. I found a tutorial that previously had never shown up. Thanks!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@StealthBravo said:
    Never mind, resolved. I found a tutorial that previously had never shown up. Thanks!

now someone is going to say which tutorial :)

glad you solved it though. but I'm sure other people will wonder what you did.

always good to provide solutions when asking a questions or at least point to the tutorial that was useful.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Whats the specific css file ?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

If you just want to add some small css snippets, I'd recommend the following plugin: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.