Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Image resize just doing nothing [Vanilla 2.1.6]

hairazhairaz New
edited December 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello everybody,

I'm admin of a newly-created forum with Vanilla 2.1.6. For now, we've only got through basic configuration -so, nothing much different since the installation. Default theme, default text editor (CKEditor), no random add-on or anything.

To add an image to their post, users can click on the editor's "Image button". They paste the image link and can even type a replacement text, and specific width and height for the image (typed in manually in text boxes).
This is great, they can virtually resize every image they post, and my users are well-trained so I know they won't have any problem with the little manual part.

But it just doesn't work. I've tried several times. I ask for my too big image to be only 400 in width (and auto height), the in-editor preview is good, the HTML code that is generated seems good to me ("

"), but as soon as I post, nothing is resized. And as soon as I come back to the editor, the image is back the size I choosed.
I've tried with gifs or pngs, with very small or large sizes to be sure to notice any difference, but nothing changes in my posts -as in the other user's-.

What should I do ? Do I have to get a better plug-in / theme / ... ?)

Tagged:

Comments

• a start would be

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220031/#Comment_220031

so we can see what plugin you are talking about and so it is attached to the plugin in question.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Ok, sorry, I'm a bit new to this, and as it was every default setting, I thought this was the place to start.
    I'll repost in the right section and delete this. Thank you !