Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"sign in" external page

Hi,
I'm new to Vanilla and I'm really happy with it !! ... I just need some help on what I'm trying to achieve : basically, I want to integrate Vanilla with another site. I've installed **jsconnect **and it works fine, the only thing is that when user clicks on "Sign In", I would like to redirect to the login page of the external site.

In the jsconnect _admin page, the connection configuration page allows to define a "_Sign In Url" but when I set an url here, it seems to have no effect (e.i. the Vanilla "Sign In" popup is displayed).

Actually, I have the same question with the "Sign out" : I changes it to my external site logout page, but it seems to have no effect.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

(I'm using Vanilla 2.1.3)

Answers

• Raoul, do you still have this problem? Because I'm new too and use 2.1.8 (it's the latest version, I guess) and I have exactly the same situation like you.

• Hi,
    Yes, I could not get it to work. I think it's just not implemented !

So I did the following.
    For the sign out url, I have create conf/bootstrap.after.php and in this file, I have "overloaded" the global functions like "SignOutUrl". Basically I've added :

if (! defined('APPLICATION'))
        exit();
    if (! function_exists('SignOutUrl')) {

function SignOutUrl($Target = '')
        {
            return 'http://localhost/my_sign_out&TransientKey='.urlencode(Gdn::Session()->TransientKey());
        }
    }

`

You can pass the TransientKey if you needed.

For this Sign In, I have just forced user to use my site (they cannot sign-in in Vanilla forum page). I'm new to Vanilla too and I'm probably not doing it the "right way" but it's acceptable solution (until I finde a better one).

Good luck