Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

registration captcha use questions

Is there a way to do so people have to answer 1 or more questions to register instead of the captcha, approcal, invite and so on?
Also the questions should be made by myself..

Comments

• Nice, but it dosent seem to support multiple questions..

• Also it dosent remove the need for me to approve, captcha, invite or SSO (Which just seems to disable the register)...
    How to remove the reason to join?

• This works as an addition to the chosen method. If you don't want to do anything manually, use it with the Captcha.

As for multiple questions, try and see if it solves your spam problem. If not, I may add the option to use multiple questions in the future. I don't really feel good about making drastic changes to the plugin though, as it is not mine.

• Well the multiple quiestions is for us to add.. like i add maby 5 questions, but only 1 is used. But not the same each time..
    Would be nice if it could do the job for the captcha.. i have a few bots that has gotten in, but they cant do anything since they havent confirmed their accounts.. On the other hand the link in the mail they receive points at a http link and my server is forced to only accept https..

• Like I said, try and see if it deflects the spam. Before I took over the plugin it had a few thousand downloads and there was no indication that multiple questions where needed.

Try solving your email problem first, if the confirm link doesn't work, that will not only deflect bots but users, too.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited February 2015

One good question is worth two.

• Almost forgot, you can also switch to Basic registration if you set

$Configuration['Garden']['Registration']['Method'] = 'Basic';

In your config. This comes without a captcha.

• agcyphersagcyphers Nooooop.

Maybe a new plugin that offers quizzes that users must take in order to advance to selected role(s). I could certainly see the usefulness in this.

• @Bleistivt VERY NICE :-D
    @agcyphers Exactly, sometime the bots will figure out how to answer so why not make it a bit more difficult.. (But it would be like having multiple quiestions, but maby only need to answer 1, but would be nice with an option to set an a number of questions..

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

People are free to offer to sponsor plugin development.

There are a number of talented and experienced developers in this community.

If you are hoping someone will just make it, there may be some delay...

I use addregistrationquestion and registrationrestrictlogger with registration approval and have absolutely no bot applicants any more.

The point about addregistrationquestion is you can choose the question you want, and it is very, very easy to change it should it become compromised.

However, a little thought and it is easy to come up with a question that humans interested in your community will be able to answer, which is not susceptible to bot 'cracking'.

• @whu606 im not a programmer, but im pretty sure a bot can collect the question and show it to its "master" and then the master can tell it that IF the question is 12 + 12 then the answer is 24, but if the question is changed from 12 + 12 to 12_+_12 then it again will return the question to its master.. (Thats why multiple questions is a good idea, but not show them all at once. One per registration or how many the user would like to have..

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2015

@Blueeyez

I guess everyone uses what works for them and, at least atm, what I use works for me.

To my mind, using personally devised questions makes better sense, as there is no way for a bot to collect data except from your site.

What is its master going to say to 'Who scored the winner for West Ham in their last FA Cup final win?'

• @whu606 i can only agree :-)