HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Confirmation emails not being sent

I'm using version 2.1.8p2

My registration method is set to Basic and I've ticked "Require users to confirm their email addresses".

I've created a test user and no confirmation email was sent. I searched for the user under Users and chose the option "Force user to reset their password and send email notification" before saving and I received that email. I also receive notification emails on posts I'm mentioned in.

Is there anything else I can check to see why confirmation emails are not going out?

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited February 2015

@Fengol

What setting do you have for emails in the dashboard?

Vanilla can't magically know what account to use, so if you don't set one, nothing will go.

• Options
    rasteronrasteron forum.rastercode.com ✭✭
    edited February 2015

@Fengol

you should also check with your web hosting provider if your sendmail or mail server program is working or you got one installed with php.

If you do get some notification emails I guess there's a problem with your script installation. Maybe a separate clean sandbox installation would help isolate your problem.