Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

pimp vanilla up!

I really like the look and feel of vanilla. Just having seen it yesterday already makes me an addict to your its beautifull look and feel. But we must admit that it misses something. That something is, according to me, a blog. Integrate it in a blog! A blog exists of lots of news, rss feeds and ... comments. I think that the way blogs integrate comments mostley sucks. Comments is for communicating but for some or other reason that works better on a forum. Combine/make a blog with vanilla and we have a new way of communicating. Ok, Why don't you make it? I'm not a programmer, I'm just getting started in designing and I've got a load of ideas. But programming makes il dottore a dull boy. greetings

Comments

• Options
    Well you are one lucky person there, since Mark has been twiddling with his own blog called Swell and I guess that Vanilla will integrate to it seamlessly (atleast the login works in both the Nilla and Swell).
  • Options
    You know what else Vanilla needs? Sticky threads.
  • Options
    Swell is at http://lussumo.com/swell in case anyone missed it :-D
  • Options
    ADMADM
    edited February 2006
    Yup! Here's it in action: http://lussumo.com/swell EDIT: Oops serves me right for sitting on this page and getting something to eat ;)
  • Options
    Quickdraw McStripe beat ya to it I'm afraid.
  • Options
    I'm the king of all!
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You know what else Vanilla needs? Sticky threads.

Huh? It already has that...
  • Options
    That was sarcasm.
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    We need a new tag like [sticky] and [sink] called [sarcasm] :D Oh and GoogleTalk like bolded and colored smilies (graphic smilies are evil, EVIL I TELLS YOU!)
  • Options
    edited February 2006
    Oh and GoogleTalk like bolded and colored smilies (graphic smilies are evil, EVIL I TELLS YOU!)

I was thinking about that just the other day, I think it wil become "web 2.0" standards... MWHAHAHA.. umm, sorry.. :)
  • Options
    i cant wait til swell gets released (rocks back and forth, patiently waiting)
  • Options
    my god. the action goes fast these days .. I can hardly follow ... or I have to many interests which could also be the problem anyway thanks for the info. I think I won't be posting much anymore. because well ... I haven't anything to say for the moment considirng vanilla ... it's already what I want it is :-)
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to a bit of swell action too.
    Also looking forward to doing a theme for Vanilla. I've taken the step of writing my ideas down so I don't forget them. Nothing amazing but hopefully will work nicely :)
  • Options
    /* runs to catch up */
This discussion has been closed.