Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Question regarding how to create categories ?

This has been bothering me - how can I get sub-categories/sub-forums on Vanilla? I believe there used to be a plugin for Vanilla 2, and I know there's one for Vanilla 1. Could someone write a plugin to do this please - or tell me how to achieve this? (i.e. the way phpBB has sub-forums on the first page, and you have to click on one of them to make a post.) I have never used vanilla on any website of mine so have created new web site for online movies discussion but i don't know how to create categories for different genres so can anyone explain me this

Tagged:

Comments

• Options

Drag and drop the categories in the dashboard so they are indented, under the parent category.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

What x00 said.

Go to Dashboard - Forum - Categories

Create new categories if necessary.

Click and drag the child category(ies) below and slightly to the right of the parent category.

It should snap into place and be slightly indented.

• Options

Hi just done that on my forumshttp://droneflyers.cluband saved but never worked. Or do I actually have to have a popular forum for it to work lol

• Options

if it is not working you either have javascript issues with one of your addons or the framework doesn't have write access to conf/config.php

grep is your friend.