HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How Does This Work

Please, I'm trying to figure out how exactly this works, already posted a youtube embed code and nothing happens

Comments

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited March 2015

Thank you for trying out my plugin!

This plugin makes the video embeds (not the theme) have a fluid width, so that they automatically resize to the width of their containers. This will work if you are using a theme that is responsive itself, but the theme doesn't have code to make video embeds responsive. Responsive basically means that something isn't fixed width and adapts to the width of the browser when you make it bigger or smaller.

I made this plugin to add code to make the video embeds responsive without having to add the code to every single theme.

Are you using the default theme? The default theme isn't responsive, so you have to add in some custom CSS rules to the default theme to make it responsive. If you want to use the default theme, check out the code from this post and change it up to how you want it to look: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/226425/#Comment_226425

If you're using the Bootstrap theme, it already has code to make video embeds responsive when you resize the browser or view the page from a mobile device, so this plugin isn't needed if you use the Bootstrap theme.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app