Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Big popover boxes don't have scroll bars

WargogWargog Mifflinburg, PA New

I have added a custom terms of service by adding a file in my theme called termsofservice.php in the views folder, it works fine and displays the text as edited, but it is long and doesn't have a scroll bar that users can scroll through and see the whole thing. I am using the Bootstrap theme at https://omacostudio.com/forum.

Comments

• WargogWargog Mifflinburg, PA New
    edited April 2015

Put that in custom.css? Or where, I'm not accustomed to messing with CSS in Vanilla.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2015

You made an extra page called termsofservice,php right?

so add a css style sheet to that so you can style it how you want. Look at the extra page plugin for guidance.

call your page stylesheet tos.css

I see a million scrollbars , maybe try another theme and use an extrapage for the TOS

There is already a plugin made for this it is called PrivacyNotice

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

You need to to put the text it in a div with overflow auto styling.

grep is your friend.

I put it in the "legal" div class with a matching css selector, it does the million little scroll bar thing. I'll try auto instead of scroll.

I made it get a scroll bar, but it doesn't seem to think it has anything to scroll through. When using the box that pops up during sign up is when this occurs. I used the following CSS:
    .legal {
    overflow: scroll;
    }

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2015

If the page comes up inside a pop up then what you need to do is add the css to the popup..

To make anything get a scrollbar you need to set max-height of the container making sure that the content is longer than the box. You add overflow-y:auto;

Please look at the plugin I mentioned, PrivacyNotice as a guide to how to write or amend css for popup ....

overflow:scroll makes anything scroll that is longer than the box. overflow:auto only does it when necessary like when the max-height of the box is determined...

.legal {
    overflow: auto;
    max-height: 600px;
    }

Ok, I got it. Just editing the CSS in the file worked fine. It still scrolls to the side but I'll fix that.