Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

FeedDiscussions

Dear All.

My FeedDiscussions-Plugin is not working. I have a newly installed Vanilla 2.1.9 and uploaded FeedDiscussions to the plugins-Folder. It shows up in the Admin panel and I added some feeds which are all accepted, but they are not updated. Old feed entries are also not imported, even though I checked this option.

I recoginzed that the plugin in folder plugins/FeedDiscussions/js contains a file called feeddiscussions.js. This file is very short and only includes the following lines:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
$.get(gdn.url('/plugin/feeddiscussions/checkfeeds'));
});

However, the URL /plugin/feeddiscussions/checkfeeds does not exist in my installation. I can't find any file called "checkfeeds". My plugin folder is not named "plugin" but "plugins". And, further, my extracted "FeedDiscussions" folder comprises capital letters, other than in the reference above, where it says "feeddiscussions".

Does anybody know what is going wrong here?

Thank's for your help

Tagged:

Comments

• You need to post under the plugin http://vanillaforums.org/addon/feeddiscussions-plugin "Ask a Question"

You don't find a file because url schemes don't represent files. It is merely a coincidence that that they are mapped to file structure, some of the time.

grep is your friend.

• Thank you very much. This already helps. Then I will try to figure out what goes wrong and, if necessary, revert to the location you gave me.

• HELLO,

how do i get feeddiscussions to actually add feeds to discussion? i tried but nothing is displaying.