HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Index plugin 1.7 By VrijVlinder not working

Just installed the index plugin and activated in admin dashboard but I don't see a drop down index in menu.
I am on Vanilla 2.1.9. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2015

I need a link to see .. also what theme you are using.. otherwise I can't say what could be wrong.... it works for me..

• HI,

I am using embed friendly theme.
    www.nyker.club
    Thank you.

That is not a real url or it does not work .

find this section and replace with this in the default.php of the index plugin, report back if it worked.

$IndexJQuerySource =
    '<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready(function($){
    $(\'#Menu\').prepend(\'<li class="Index"><a href="#">I N D E X</a><ul><li>'.$Url1.'</li><li>'.$Url2.'</li><li>'.$Url3.'</li><li>'.$Url4.'</li><li>'.$Url5.'</li><li>'.$Url6.'</li><li>'.$Url7.'</li><li>'.$Url8.'</li><li>'.$Url9.'</li><li>'.$Url11.'</li></ul></li>\');
    $(\'.nav.navbar-nav\').append(\'<li class="Index"><a href="#">I N D E X</a><ul><li>'.$Url1.'</li><li>'.$Url2.'</li><li>'.$Url3.'</li><li>'.$Url4.'</li><li>'.$Url5.'</li><li>'.$Url6.'</li><li>'.$Url7.'</li><li>'.$Url8.'</li><li>'.$Url9.'</li><li>'.$Url11.'</li></ul></li>\');
    $(\'.Banner ul\').append(\'<li class="Index"><a href="#">I N D E X</a><ul><li>'.$Url1.'</li><li>'.$Url2.'</li><li>'.$Url3.'</li><li>'.$Url4.'</li><li>'.$Url5.'</li><li>'.$Url6.'</li><li>'.$Url7.'</li><li>'.$Url8.'</li><li>'.$Url9.'</li><li>'.$Url11.'</li></ul></li>\');
    });
    </script>';

• I replaced the section but still not showing the index menu.
    Lost here.

I suggest you abstain from using it. Or use another theme, try one of my themes such as Glass theme. I make plugins that work with my themes and a selected other themes....

Try AddmenuItem plugin.

• In mobile friendly view index shows up with sub buttons also showing horizontally.
    I guess its the theme I am using.
    Thanks for the help.

please try the new version I uploaded and see if that works for you

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/index-plugin-1.8

• Thank you so much vrijvlinder.

It's the theme I am using due to default.master.tpl.
    I tried categoriesdropdown 1.4 but same issue.
    I wish I can have dropdown menu but since I am using mobile and embed friendly theme I am stuck.
    Anyways thank you and going to try new version and get back to you.

• Getting back to you on 1.8 version. INDEX shows up fine with version 1.8. Only thing is dropdown menu is far too left and as soon as mouse leaves INDEX, dropdown menu dissapeares. :anguished:
    Anyways really appreciated your support.

Ok, that is fixed with css. But I am not sure what theme you are using to tell you what to edit. The plugin css file contains the css for several potential Menu names of other themes.

.Banner ul is for mobile theme

.SiteMenu is for embed friendly theme

.Menu #Menu is for the default theme or other themes that follow the default

.nav is for Bootstrap theme.

edited April 2015

I tried categoriesdropdown 1.4 but same issue.

That plugin will not work with tpl based themes because it uses jquery to create the drop down. Index plugin uses only css to create the dropdown so it works with all themes as long as you can add or edit the class or id name for the Menu of any particular theme, and then add the css for it.

• Great. Thank you for your help.

• I just tried version 1.8 and it works beautifully on my embed friendly theme.
    Thanks.
    Is there way to change block background to white and letter to black color. Also, I would like to get rid of shadow and make the dropdown box simpe with only thin border lines.

Thank you in advance for your help

Yes, just edit the index.css file. Depending on the class name for the ul dropdown and edit that section.

Look for

background-color
    background
    border
    box-shadow
    color

I would need a link to be more specific. A web inspector can help you . I know that editing the dropdown is tricky coz it only shows when hovering. To make it be viewable while you edit using a web inspector, temporarily change the visibility of the drop down by unchecking display:none in the relevant css rule on the console.

Then inspect the dropdown and see what you need to change where.

• Thank you. will try with firebug.
    Get back to you.