Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla not auto-loading index.php file

Some weeks ago I tried a Vanilla forums installation and everything seemed to work fine. Today, on the same machine, I installed the latest build and the links like the logo link /mysite/vanilla are broken, showing the folder view instead of the main page (which works fine if I type </mysite/vanilla/index.php> instead.

That happens which every link targeting a <mysite/vanilla/folder/> formatted URL instead of a <mysite/vanilla/folder/file.extension>one, so my wild guess is that something must be broken on the page loader/resolver.

Comments

• Options

Is .htaccess in the folder?

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    Is .htaccess in the folder?

Of course it is! It's a vanilla installation (no pun intended xD). The contain is as follows:

# Original
    # If you modify this file then change the above line to: # Modified
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
       RewriteEngine On
       # Certain hosts may require the following line.
       # If vanilla is in a subfolder then you need to specify it after the /. 
       # (ex. You put Vanilla in /forum so change the next line to: RewriteBase /forum)
       # RewriteBase /
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
       RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
       RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php\?p=$1 [QSA,L]
    </IfModule>

And it must work fine...-ish , because if I type /mysite/vanilla/blasjfdoiajfeakl it correctly redirects me to the custom Vanilla 404 page.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Your server is the problem. It shows directory content instead of loading the index file. Add this at the top of your .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex index.php

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited May 2015

You want to prevent directly listing anyway

https://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DirectoryListings

See the information about DirectoryIndex

You wan to configure your server rule properly rather than rely on .htaccess if possible.

grep is your friend.