Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Disable Page Title

DSXDSX New
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Could you please point me in the direction to disable the page title. Not the one displayed in the url, the main body page title. I know that its in the pagecontroller.php since i have already had to disable guest sign in and register as well as the categories side bar. Any help you could provide would be awesome, even if its just pointing me in the right direction. Thanks. See attached txt file for current layout im using.

Comments

• You don't have to modify the PHP files, design is flexibility :3 Try copying this in your custom.css file inside your theme:

.PageTitle{display:none;}
    or
    .PageTitle h1{display:none;}

• That was my first approach and I couldn't get it to work, so i thought that i was headed in the wrong direction since it was an application.

I took a second look and cleared the cache. Stupid things sometimes make you nuts. Glad for the second set of eyes. Thanks my friend, you were correct.

• i should also point out it didn't work with a custom css, or i couldn't get it to override the bootstrap theme i am using. I had to edit the css in the basic pages app at applications/basicpages/design/page.css

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

The easiest way to make css changes is using the CSSEdit plugin.

• DSXDSX New
    edited May 2015

thanks guys for your help. RJ i can't get the plugin to work globally with the app. Im not sure whats up. However it does work fantastic for the core css so good looking out on that.

• You are welcome, glad I could help =)

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@DSX said:
    thanks guys for your help. RJ i can't get the plugin to work globally with the app.

I bet @bleistivt is interested in hearing about that ;)

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator

@DSX said:
    thanks guys for your help. RJ i can't get the plugin to work globally with the app. Im not sure whats up. However it does work fantastic for the core css so good looking out on that.

Not sure what you mean, but the plugin adds the CSS to every page that uses the default master view (so no admin pages).

Depending on your other plugins or themes it may not add them at the end, so you need to give your rules a higher specificity.

• @Bleistivt said:

i am using the basicpages plugin, on the pages the plugin creates i can't seem to get the newly specified css to work.

I am adjusting things based on all your suggestions, will let you know! Thanks again.

• Thanks for trying out the Basic Pages application, @DSX!

Thanks to everyone else for helping out @DSX!

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app