HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Report from User Page

Frequently spam users sign up for my forum, start one thread. I then go direct to their user page and ban them + delete user content via the dropdown on the user page. It would be great if I could also report their post and user message via this same process for ease of use.

Comments

• Options
    AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

The issue is, though, the exact comment needs to be reported to stop forum spam. It would not work from the user profile page. You can always just delete and ban a user from the profile page as you know or directly from the post. Being this is a powerful and detrimental to a user ( reporting a user could essentially get them blocked to many forums), I wanted some thought to be taken when a report was being made. I don't have plans to change the way it works...but you are free to modify as you like -- that's the beauty of open source ;)

• Options

I should add, you can report the one post, which normally with a spammer is the same one and delete and ban them from a post directly. If you are having spam issues I would consider you to tighten your stop forum spam settings in the core plugin.

• Options

We get a lot of attempted signups and the few that get through post various messages to random URLs in a single post. Usually something like "Happy to be here, nice forum ". They also post similar link spam in their vanilla status. So having to go into the discussion, delete that, then go to their usage page to ban them and delete their content is extra steps. I would like to avoid and hence why I never really actually use this plugin because it's extra work and time the spam is active on the site.

• Options
    edited May 2015

You can report a specific post, ban and delete all their content from the community with this plugin. (And right from a post, in a single step). You need to enable the plugin first (and make sure it's the most recent version)... Use the last option in the menu ;)

• Options

@Gillingham you can see in the screen shot with the plugin, just select the third option.