Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Working File Upload without deprecated JavaScript

I have a big problem getting any FileUploads to work since I upgraded to Vanilla 2.1. All plugins I found are hopelessly outdated and rely on a completely deprecated JavaScript from 2007 - namely the 'jquery.popup' source:

Facebox (for jQuery) version: 1.0 (12/19/2007)

...which means none work, because it relies on a very old jquery version. I have tried FileUpload and Uploader. Is there any plugin I am missing or is there really no working fileupload / attachment functionality available for Vanilla? And I am explicitly not talking about some backend problems, it is the frontend that is completely unusable.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

That just deals with backend problems. My problems originate from the 8 year old JavaScript libs that do not work with a halfway recent jQuery version. :-(

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

OK

I don't use it, but it seems others have managed to get it working with recent versions of Vanilla.

• Options

That was really helpful. Although it was not something quite so easy it seems to be a conflict of the themes' jQuery needs and Vanilla's own. It was quite a bit of work to make both play nice with each other but for now everything works fine! Thanks for the help, both of you!