Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Where are the ready made themes?

unixherounixhero
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi
I have an honest question that has puzzled me a while:
I can't understand where I can find a wealth of new themes for my 2.1 Vanilla forum.
Am I missing something or are the days of merrily picking a great theme gone? Am I expected to design and build a custom theme to make my community shine?
Since I am not good at working with design, I have been enjoying to simply pick a cool theme and go with it.

The only themes I have encountered online are hosted by Themeforest.com, and they are hosting the total number of 5 themes!
http://themeforest.net/category/forums/vanilla
They are:
**Cube
**Origami
**Nexus
**Silicon
**Ozone
(Cube looks really cool imo)

Apart from that in the Vanillaforums.org theme repositories I see a few themes among others the Bootstrap theme, Bittersweet and Baseline.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Vanillaskins is another site for themes.

So far, from what I can tell, no one has found the effort of making Vanilla themes cost-beneficial.

So, you take what you can get, or build your own.

There are a number of developers who could make a theme for you, if you have the budget for it.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@whu606 said:
    Vanillaskins is another site for themes.

So far, from what I can tell, no one has found the effort of making Vanilla themes cost-beneficial.

For completeness, the same applies to plugins. There's no market for premium add-ons.

• Right ... I see. I guess I could employ a designer and release the theme code under GPLv2 after I have it done. That could be one approach to get more themes, if more people than me do that.

• Hi @unixhero
    you now have also a new themeforest premium theme name One Click - Premium Vanilla Theme.

Check it out:
    http://themeforest.net/item/one-click-premium-vanilla-theme/10766200

Hope you like it.

Cheers

• ThemeSteamThemeSteam I love VanillaForums

Vanilla is growing forum software. I think we need more time to create more items, Free or Premium.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@ThemeSteam

I don't really understand what you mean.

Who needs 'more time'?

• unixherounixhero
    edited August 2015

@creativedreams:
    Ooh! Looks really fresh! Might pick up this one!