HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Plugin localizations

BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
edited June 2015 in Localization

I really @ozonorojo 's idea of just asking people on the forum to translate your plugin.

Most plugins introduce very few locale strings but would really benefit from being available in multiple languages.

Developers can post their locale files in this thread to ask for translations.

I'll just start with two of mine:

User facing strings from my UnsubscribeDiscussion plugin:

<?php
$Definition['Unsubscribe'] = 'Unsubscribe';
$Definition['Resubscribe'] = 'Resubscribe';
$Definition['You will no longer be notified about this discussion.'] = 'You will no longer be notified about this discussion.';
$Definition['You will receive new notifications about this discussion.'] = 'You will receive new notifications about this discussion.';

and a new plugin I couldn't upload yet.
(It mimics another discourse feature because I am a copycat.)

<?php
$Definition['%s days later'] = '%s days later';
$Definition['1 month later'] = '1 month later';
$Definition['%s months later'] = '%s months later';
$Definition['1 year later'] = '1 year later';
$Definition['%s years later'] = '%s years later';

I already have german translations for these.

Comments

• Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Love it! Wouldn't it be great to deliver a new translation via the plugin repository in the sense of "Add a translation to this plugin" that the author would receive via E-Mail or can accept and will be added to the package?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options

However it is done, having the community help in translating plugins can't be a bad idea. Also needed is the ability to give feedback and suggest changes, since it is impossible for plugin developers to assess the quality of translations. This is how it is already being done for the core with Transifex.