Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to make it work?

Hello,

It has been updated the 1st of July and not working.

Any clues about how to fix it?

Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

@kamaleon - do you know how to describe a problem. not working is not a good description. describe what your problem is in detail.

if you don't see the settings in your dashboard

• make sure you have set the permissions correctly for the role and signatures is allowed.

also make sure the plugin is enabled in your config.php.

$Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['Signatures'] = TRUE;

then set the settings in the dashboard for the signature plugin.

option 1

then you can bypass the missing defaultformat function which fails when a user tries to edit signature. (incompatibility vanilla 2.1 and signatures 1.6)

try changing

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/blob/master/plugins/Signatures/class.signatures.plugin.php#L215

to

$Data['Format'] = "Html";

option 2

or add function https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/master/library/core/class.format.php#L647

to the plugin

P.S. if if you haven't noticed if the plugin is an approved staff plugin in the add-ons section, it is may be a version of vanilla ahead (2.2) or a version of vanilla behind (e.g. file upload 2.0.18) , or it just doesn't work.

So don;t let approved fool you into thinking it will work correctly, it seems to be a low priority,
    which is their choice and absolutely acceptable - just doesn't make it very easy for new users like you.

Eventually the addons section will be fixed - perhaps a few years from now.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I will try all that thanks, but I just saw it is compatible with Vanilla 2.0.18

Maybe this is the problem?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

@kamaleon said:
    I will try all that thanks, but I just saw it is compatible with Vanilla 2.0.18

Maybe this is the problem?

no - you can pretty much ignore those - it is just a red herring and means the maintainer didn't bother to update it correctly to say 2.2

having a required version (when it is wrong) is worse than not having a required version at all.

the last working version with vanilla 2.1.x was http://vanillaforums.org/addon/signatures-plugin-1.5.6

but if you don't have any problems with 1.6 after adding config statements and setting permissions in dashboard for roles to use signatures, you are probably better off with 1.6 (bug fixes, features,etc) despite it not being backported to work with vanilla 2.1.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I tried option 1 and it did not work.

Option 2 is too much for me.

I will have to remove the signatures plugin then...

Thanks for your help.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

I edited above.

try changing

https://github.com/vanilla/addons/blob/master/plugins/Signatures/class.signatures.plugin.php#L215

from

$Data['Format'] = GetValue('Plugin.Signatures.Format', $Data) ?: Gdn_Format::DefaultFormat();

to

$Data['Format'] = "Html";

on second thought...

there is another issue after this for permissions with non- admin.

probably best to wait for vanilla 2.2 or usie previous version of signatures.

• Wow, this worked!!!!

How to update the addon in the repository for others?

• @peregrine said:
    on second thought...

there is another issue after this for permissions with non- admin.

probably best to wait for vanilla 2.2 or usie previous version of signatures.

Just read that... WHat is the problem then?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

@kamaleon said:
    Just read that... WHat is the problem then?

I had trouble when testing a member signature (non-admin) after the bypass of defaultformat, so I think there is more than one issue and I've decided not to pursue further.

• This is a basic forum feature, weird it is not working.

Anyways thanks.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

You must have profile edit enabled for any users that need to edit their own signature, if they are not admins with signature 1.6 plugin.

on third thought:

At first I thought by default members don't have profile edit privs but they do. so the sig plugin should work ok with the change I gave you as far as I can tell.

default perms for 2.1 -

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219730/#Comment_219730

• You don't need to edit any plugin files

just put $Configuration['Plugin']['Signatures']['Format'] = 'Html' or whatever format you'd like in config.php

@peregrine this syntax is confusing I agree

$somevar = 5?:4;

but $somevar is 5 at least in php

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

@x00 said:
    You don't need to edit any plugin files

just put $Configuration['Plugin']['Signatures']['Format'] = 'Html' or whatever format you'd like in config.php

peregrine this syntax is confusing I agree

$somevar = 5?:4;

but $somevar is 5 at least in php

I believe there are cases when Plugin.Signatures.Format as well as $Data being null which can lead to the "missing function" being evaluated and blowing up, even when the config statement is set in config.php

if there was a
    C('Plugins.Signatures.Format') that occurred first always, but there isn't is there?

ergo

C('Plugins.Signatures.Format') <> GetValue('Plugins.Signatures.Format') under certain circumstances.

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

peregrine->>

It works! Thank you :-)

• @kopna said:
    peregrine->>

It works! Thank you :-)

Read above, it won't work for non-admin users.

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@kamaleon написал:
    Read above, it won't work for non-admin users.

Testing on the local server. Changing differently, the result is positive. The user has the role of "user". All displayed. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the user is tied to one address: 127.0.0.1?