HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

joewjoew New
edited July 2015 in General Banter

Hey! I came across Vanilla as I saw Marvel Heroes uses it, although I do have a question. They provide a listing of default avatars in your profile rather than having the user able to upload one, and this is exactly what I want to do. Is this something I will have to write custom myself? Or is it already part of the core or a plugin?

Thanks!

Comments

• joewjoew New
    edited July 2015

I actually saw this but it isn't what I meant unless I'm just unsure of all the functionality. On the Marvel Heroes forums instead of uploading an avatar they have a listing of many of them that you can select from as well as the default. So what I'd like to do is disallow uploading of avatar pictures but let the user select one of the provided ones.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2015

its not open-source and may be custom. No plugin exists that does what you want, but you could create one.

something similar (selection of image) but slightly different is

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/symboledit-plugin

between that and the avatar plugins you could probably cobble together something to do what you need.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Great thanks for the lead, I'm going to look into writing a plugin for what I need based on this.