Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

MAMP install issues

I am trying to run a local install of Vanilla on MAMP. I've run dozens of Wordpress and other applications in this manner and never had these sorts of issues. I also have a mirrored version hosted externally so I know how you normally get it up and running.

After adding vanillas file structure to a folder named "forum" within MAMP, that URL displays "Class Gdn not found.". I have tried changing the path in the .htaccess file, same result. I clear the cache folder after each change also. Everything I have tried either gets me to this error, or the pages doesn't load and immediately redirects me back to where i navigated from.

Thoughts?

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

since you say you deleted all .ini files in cache. it makes me wonder what step of process you are at .....

which version of vanilla?
    is this a fresh install?
    or are you using data from a previous vanilla forum?

try deleting entire forum folder.
    try downloading 2.1.11 core files again and re-installing.
    recopy and post a screenshot of where error is happening if you still get one.
    try a fresh install.
    post your .htaccess if you still have issues.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited August 2015

Thanks for the help, responses below.

which version of vanilla? 2.1.11
    is this a fresh install? Yes
    or are you using data from a previous vanilla forum? No

try deleting entire forum folder. Tried
    try downloading 2.1.11 core files again and re-installing. Tried
    recopy and post a screenshot of where error is happening if you still get one.

try a fresh install. Tried that too

post your .htaccess if you still have issues. I tried the out of the box htaccess file, then also switched it to this, same result.

Hope this helps, thanks again.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

remove the post addressing 8888

see below...

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

it looks like 8888 is the issue

here is how one person solved it....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/219405/#Comment_219405

http://www.abhinavsood.com/working-apache-port-80-localhost-in-mamp-or-mamp-pro/

https://forum.mamp.info/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72429

as an aside you might try 2,2Beta 1 to see if the post is an issue with that version of vanilla.