HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Display comment form not only for login user's

jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

I think this feature can attract visitors to comment discussions..
and if visitor want comment, so they must login or registration (our porpuse) :awesome:

ss from muut, and more modern cms forum that used this feature,,

And this vanilla

Ok Thanks :pleased:

Tagged:

Comments

• ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited July 2015

Are you looking for something similar to how the Vanilla commenting embed works, but with the main commenting section? See: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/embed

Clicking "Comment As ..." while not signed in would load a pop-up window to login.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• jobbatamjobbatam Batam New

Yes, that's i mean mr @Shadowdare
    But, How to make like that? O.o

Not available right now? i m waiting..

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

That snippet makes it look as if that functionality is available, but I must admit I have no clue on how to proceed from there...

public function discussionController_afterComments_handler($sender, $args) {
            // No need for regular users.
            if (Gdn::session()->isValid()) {
                return;
            }
            // Hide the "Sign In or Register..." text.
            Gdn::Locale()->SetTranslation('Sign In or Register to Comment.', '');
            // Get the embed comment form view
            require_once $sender->fetchViewLocation('helper_functions', 'Discussion');
            writeEmbedCommentForm();
        }

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

@mtschirs

I don't think the community realizes how lucky they are, that you showed up on the scene.

As r_j passed the baton to bleistivt last year, the baton goes to you this year for new Superstar status. As the baton travels through Germany.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

In ten years or so we change the official language in this forum to German ;)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

thanks for your plugin mr @mtschirs , work fine and 100% recommended for someone in this community want feature like my title discussion.. :awesome: