Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Parent Categories Not Linked?

With this plugin enabled, if a category has expandable sub-categories, the link to the parent category is non-functioning. i.e. You can't click on the sidebar link to go to that category it just expands the sub-categories. Is there a way to keep it so only the arrow expands the category and clicking on the category name still takes you to the category?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

try removing the

event.preventDefault();

in the js of the plugin and see if things work the way you like them.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• PFAFFPFAFF
    edited August 2015

Thanks for trying, @peregrine. Unfortunately, did not work.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

worked for me :)

did you reload the page and js.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Yes, looks like this now:

// Add click handler $('ul.PanelCategories li.Leader').click(function(event) { if($(this).next().is('li.Depth2') event.stopPropagation(); $(this).toggleClass('Expanded'); $(this).nextUntil('li.Leader, li.Depth1').slideToggle(); } });

Reloaded page (F5). Still expands categories on click. Should I delete cache files? I am using an embedded forum, not sure if that'd matter.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

it still expands categories but it should allow the click on the category anchor to process through and take you to the category page.

event.preventDefault(); should stop the click through.

removing it should allow the click through

http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit.asp?filename=tryjsref_event_preventdefault

no idea on your individual circumstances.

you could make root heading categories, if you desire. but removing the preventdefault worked for me, if you want to click through to link.

alternatively you could probably append arrow outside of li so you don't have the issue. but that would require you to study some jquery and experiment.

• PFAFFPFAFF
    edited August 2015

I'll leave it out. Maybe it's just my cache not reloading the js? Any tips on forcing the js to reload? I tried with Chrome and Firefox, but neither seemed to work.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You need to delete the .ini files from the forum cache when ever you modify something.

• PFAFFPFAFF
    edited August 2015

Yeah, deleted all the ini files and strangely still isn't working. Hmmm. Thanks for your help, @peregrine. I'll try messing around with it.