Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

2.2b1 Redirection looping on setup/etc. (Hostgator-specific issue?)

I tried upgrading to 2.2b1 from 2.1.11, and got a redirection loop notification from every browser I tried. So I tried doing a fresh install, still no dice.

Apache Version 2.2.29
PHP Version 5.4.33
MySQL Version 5.5.42-cll

• I've tried removing the .ini files from /cache
  • I've tried editing the .htaccess to point RewriteBase properly

I was able to get the install to work properly when I used 2.1.11's .htaccess, but putting 2.2b1's back in afterwards ended up making it impossible to get anywhere except the main page.

I think the problem is with my host (Hostgator) as I've seen a few other folks mention the same thing... is there something I can do WHM/CPANEL/etc.-wise to fix this problem (I'm on a VPS, but not super knowledgeable when it comes to backend configuration changes), is this an actual bug, or do I need to contact them directly?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

Check also my error handling, cause it sounds similarly to mine... :)

• Options
    SickBoySickBoy New
    edited July 2015

It's not quite what yours was, as changing RewriteBase doesn't fix the problem.

As for your other methods: I'm actually trying this with a brand new install (I only initially tried it as an update to a new 2.1.11 install), so it isn't applicable. I've made entirely new databases and folders/accounts for the attempts, so there are no remnants of old installs or anything.

My problem is very similar (if not exactly the same) as http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/230797/#Comment_230797

I tried enabling AcceptPathInfo in the .htaccess in a variety of ways (as this mentioned), but it didn't work. Not sure if that's because Hostgator disabled the ability to do that, or if AcceptPathInfo simply isn't the problem.

• Options

Unlucky :-( Fresh install'.. Apache 2.4.9 PHP 5.4.27 MySQL 5.5.42-cll