Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Several errors in the plugin Articles

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

Hi,
First of all thanks for the articles plugin and efforts to improve it !
With the plugin called "Debugger" I have detected some errors in the classes like:

Undefined index: AuthorDisplayName
\applications\articles\library\functions.render.php line 138.
\applications\articles\views\articles\index.php line 60.

Undefined index: AuthorDisplayName
\applications\articles\library\functions.render.php on line 138

Trying to get property of non-object in
\applications\articles\views\article\comments.php on line 123

It would be great fix the errors and check again by debugger plugin.
I'll try to fix this but it would be good to have final solution on the plugin.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

These are just notices of the PHP interpreter and can be safely ignored. Of course, you can clean up the source code to make the intent more clear, but there would very likely be no difference in runtime behavior between the current and the cleaned code. The reason why the PHP interpreter creates these notices is because oftentimes they help identifying other issues that impact functionality :)

• Options

Personally it I think better if you develop with error an notices on.

Not instancing variable before use or checking if an instance is set is bad anyway.,

Actually notices are the becuase the potential to impact functionality is always there, that is why you should work through these problems. Just becuase it isn't impacting functionality now doesn't mean it won't later. It is a pet hate. Getting in the habit of not doing it this way is better.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    mtschirsmtschirs ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015

@x00 schrieb:
    Personally it I think better if you develop with error an notices on.

Not instancing variable before use or checking if an instance is set is bad anyway.

True.

However, @steam doesn't need to be worried about these notices. The articles application will probably be completely overhauled anyway.

• Options

Is this with Articles 1.1.1?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options
    steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo
    edited August 2015

Yes it on the last release, but if it's only php warning it does not have big impact for now. For next release that can change.