Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

My advanced editor doesn't look like the one on vanillaforums.org

edited August 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

When I look at the advanced editor here on vanillaforums.org it seems to work great! I've noticed a few differences between it and mine.

• The editor on vanillaforums.org has more buttons than mine. I'm missing Strike, Ordered List, Unordered List, and Link. It looks like the editor is responsive. So at full width you get all of the buttons. At smaller widths you lose a few buttons on the editor. Is this customizable?
  • When I make a post on vanillaforums.org it seems to auto add paragraphs for every line break. On my install it just adds BR tags. I'd rather have VF's functionality with the auto paragraphs as it creates easier to style comments.

Running Version 2.2.100.4

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2015

Running Version 2.2.100.4

:grin: strange that you are running this version.

are you using markdown formatting?

Is this customizable?

it is controlled by this css.

.editor-optional-button {
    display: none !important;
    }

and in class.editor.plugin.php

around line 493 and so on - you will see editor-optional-button in the array of each toolbar item that is to be removed when the screen shrinks.

if you want an item to be permanent remove the editor-optional-button. add it to the ones you want removed when screen is shrunk.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine - Is there another version I should be running? That was the latest when I downloaded vanilla from the github repo the other day.

Thanks for the clarification on editor-optional. I'll play around with it.

I switched from WYSIWYG mode to Markdown and it looks like that has changed it. A single line break results in a BR within a P tag, but two line breaks results in a new P tag. That works for me.

I think that the other modes should operate the same as Markdown in regards to how new P tags are added. For now I'll leave it in Markdown mode, but I think that WYSIWYG mode is much nicer to look at and overall a better UX.

• edited August 2015

So I realized that there was an official release of 2.2b1. I'm not sure if what I did is legit but I downloaded it and replaced my folder with it. Then I copied over my conf, cache, and uploads folders. Not sure if all of that was needed but it seems to be running. Hopefully I haven't broken anything :D