Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

jsConnect plugin not working

Hi, as far as I've read I'm not able to find something similar, seems pretty simple anyway.

I'm trying to build a page where the forum is located at "/foro/" and the rest of the page needs the forum's login system, so I installed jsConnect, with this configuration, but when I try the "test URL" it shows this (the default "Page not found" page), what am I doing wrong?.

thank you.

A little info:
PHP: 5.4
Apache: 2.4
Mods: Security, evasion, req_timeout.
Vanilla: 2.1.11
jsConnect: 1.4.1
if there is anything else you need please ask.

Comments

• Options
    computergeniuscomputergenius In the hills inland from Malaga New

I am a little confused - you have a Vanilla forum that you want to use "membership details" from a forum at /foro/ ?

Or you have a single page that you want to use "membership details" from Vanilla?

All you are getting at the moment, is a message that ...jsc/auth.json does not exist. Does it exist? Have you created it?

• Options

Well, I've been using SMF, and what I want to do is what "ssi.php" does, use the forum sessions, user data, get posts (discussions) etc...
    I'm totally new with vanilla, but I thought that "/foro/jsc/auth.json", doesn't needs to exists because the vanilla's router answers the request. is it right?

• Options
    computergeniuscomputergenius In the hills inland from Malaga New

Sorry, I haven't used SMF.

I am reading that as you want jsConnect to tell you about Vanilla internals. I phrase it like that, because I am still not sure if you have two systems (example, Vanilla and WordPress) or just one.

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, you are trying to use jsConnect the wrong way round.

jsConnect is for Vanilla to interrogate another system, and only asks the other system "is the person who is using this browser logged in (to the other system), and if so, give me a few details about them".

You appear to want the other system to interrogate Vanilla, and in much more depth, and I am pretty sure that it won't work that way round.