Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not seeing plugin permissions for guest role

I'm not seeing the option with the Guest role to download attachments with the file upload plugin. I believe I had the option to allow guest to download before. I moved the site to the root directory recently. Anyway, now guest can't download plugins, any ideas? Thanks.

example page with attachment: http://www.learnthaiformen.com/discussion/6/alternate-ways-of-how-to-say-i-m-drunk-in-thai

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

No, Guests only have the option to view.

• Somehow I was able to allow the guest to download attachments from the file upload plugin. Any ideas? Thanks.

• @vrijvlinder is right. There is NOT a permission for guests to download.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

There is no way via dashboard.

But....

if you want to give guests download permissions you have to either change the permissions table manually (by putting a 1 in the Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow column for the guest row) or by changing the plugin.

But since changing the plugin is easier.

look for a line something like this in class.fileupload.plugin.php

$this->CanDownload = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow', FALSE);

and change it to

//  $this->CanDownload = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow', FALSE);
          $this->CanDownload = true;

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    There is no way via dashboard.

But....

if you want to give guests download permissions you have to either change the permissions table manually (by putting a 1 in the Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow column for the guest row) or by changing the plugin.

But since changing the plugin is easier.

look for a line something like this in class.fileupload.plugin.php

$this->CanDownload = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow', FALSE);

and change it to

// $this->CanDownload = Gdn::Session()->CheckPermission('Plugins.Attachments.Download.Allow', FALSE);
    $this->CanDownload = true;

Great! That worked. Thanks for the help!