HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Author avatar in post?

ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Hiya and thanks for a great plugin! I'm wondering if it's possible to add the author's avatar to an article/post? Currently only his or her name is displayed, and I couldn't find anything in the options.

Any help appreciated!

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

Most likely someone will have a better way, that doesn't require modifying the app.

But if you want to modify the App itself.

<?php echo UserPhoto($Author); ?>

add the line above to appropriate spot in the index.php in the views for articles (article list - similar to indexphotos) or within views for article depending on where you want it to appear.

I suppose if you could override the index.php views that would be another way, if you can figure that out.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• A feature called "About the Author" was added in Articles 1.1.1. It requires setting an author bio for the user, but it does show the avatar next to the box under articles.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• ZhaanZhaan Professional fool ✭✭

Ah, thanks for the help ^^