Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Only showing categories to admins?

Hello,
I have searched around for this for quite a while. I am looking for a way to only display some categories to admins for admin talk and things that members should not be able to see. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

choose custom permissions for the special category and only give admin role permission to view and post.

goto categories in dashboard. select edit for the category, check the box
    This category has custom permissions.

assign proper view and post permissions to the roles you want to view or not view

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I did not originally see that check box at the bottom of the category settings.
    Screenshot for everyone:

Thanks.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

We use the PM system for admin chat.

• Yes, but then you would have to go and add everyone to the message correct?

Thanks.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Well, yes, but how many are there?

We just keep a single PM running for mod/admin issues.

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana

Yes, i guess you could do that just as easily. We currently have 4 people on our Admin team. I am one. I was just looking for solutions for the future when we have more than 4 admins.