Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Profile views restriction

Please how do i restrict members from viewing profile of other members except they are on premium membership. I already have the "Purchase Premium Roles" plugin installed. I have already setup 2 membership roles, regular member and premium member. I want all new users to be assigned regular membership upon registration with no access to viewing other member's profile unless they upgrade to the other membership role - premium member.

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

I already have the "Purchase Premium Roles" plugin installed.

turn off permissions for viewing profile in roles and permissions in Dashboard for that role.

or you could "Try Purchasing a Custom Plugin" :grin:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• When i turn off permissions for viewing profile, all members don't have access to view others profile (which i like) and their own profile too (which i dont like). It restricts members from viewing their own profile

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2015

look at http://vanillaforums.org/addon/profileprivacy-plugin it doesn't do what you want but may provide you some ideas.

maybe @rbrahmson (custom developer) will tweak it for your needs if you can't figure out how to change it. :grin:

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ok. thanks. will try it again

• rbrahmsonrbrahmson "You may say I'm a dreamer / But I'm not the only one" NY ✭✭✭

@htweet1, as @Peregrine indicated, the Profile Privacy plugin can be modified to do what you want, and I believe quite easily. I won't be changing it myself as it would go against the privacy concept.
    Here is what I suspect will do trick for you:

• Read the "Rolecheck" function (Github lines 45-73) from the PurhasePremiumRoles plugin
    • Add similar logic in ProfilePrivacy after line 63.
    • If the test for premium role is successful then RETURN

That's it.

• Thank you so much @rbrahmson. I'm not a coder. but i copied what is there in "Rolecheck" function (Github lines 45-73) from the PurhasePremiumRoles plugin and i pasted in ProfilePrivacy after line 63 but it generated a fatal error.

What am i doing wrong. please put me through.