Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Recent Discussions Customization

Is there a way for a user to customize which categories appear in their Recent Discussions? I know an admin can prevent a category from being shown in Recent Discussions to ALL users. Is there a way for a user themselves to prune which categories appear (similar to notifications)?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

Is there a way for a user themselves to prune which categories appear (similar to notifications)?

NO. there is nothing available via dashboard or plugin at this time that does what you desire for the recent discussions on a per-user basis.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Okay, thanks.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

@PFAFF said:
    Okay, thanks.

I think I misinterpreted what you want, Perhaps this is what you desire.

if you goto the nameofyourforum/categories

users can click the cogwheel in each category (there is an option called hide). this will remove it from the category list in the panel and in recent discussions.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• PFAFFPFAFF
    edited October 2015

YESSSSSSSS! That's it! Woot! Thanks so much!