Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Bug visual do botão "Iniciar uma Nova Discussão"

Pessoal, sou novo no fórum e também com a tecnologia do Vanilla, porém me simpatizei desde o começo com esta ferramenta e venho utilizando ela.

Visto que sou do Brasil realizei a tradução do meu fórum para português do Brasil e com isto vi no que no navegador Mozilla Firefox o botão de discussão ficou com seu layout bugado ( o texto/label ficou maior do que o tamanho total do botão).

Isto gera uma visão/estética desagradável :( , com isto tomei a liberdade de identificar o CSS responsável pelo tamanho do botão e editei para ficar com o aspecto correto.

Dentro da raiz de sua aplicação ir no seguinte caminho: [...]/applications/dashboard/design/style.css e dentro deste arquivo "style.css" editar na seguinte linha:

/* ======================================================== Panels / Sidebars */

Panel {

** width: 225px;** <=== Aqui colocar o valor onde o menu lateral irá expandir
float: left;

/*

Feito isto o botão irá ficar do tamanho correto onde seu texto/label estará dentro dele.

Espero ter ajudado, está é minha primeira contribuição para a comunidade.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@BronzeLiga said: Guys, am new to the forum and also with Vanilla technology, but sympathized me from the start with this tool and I have been using it.
    Since I'm from Brazil accomplished the translation of my forum for Portuguese from Brazil and with it saw as the Mozilla Firefox browser the discussion button got your buggy layout (text / label was larger than the total size button).
    This generates a vision / unpleasant aesthetics, with this I took the liberty to identify the CSS responsible for the button size and edited to keep the correct aspect.
    Inside the root of your application go the following way: [...] / applications / dashboard / design / style.css and within this file "style.css" edit the following line:

/ * ================================================ ======== Panels / Sidebars * /

Panel {

** Width: 225px; ** <=== Here put the value where the side menu will expand
    float: left;

/ *

This done the button will get the correct size where your text / label is inside.
    Hope this helps, this is my first contribution to the community.

Bem-vindo ao fórum, graças à entrada, no entanto, que é errado. Você nunca deve editar arquivos de núcleo. Você está erroneamente apontando as pessoas na direção errada na medida em que o arquivo está em causa. Se você não sabe quais arquivos para editar ou como criar um novo tema, leia os tutoriais. Não edite o tema padrão !!!!

Welcome to the forum, Thanks for the input , however that is wrong. You shall never edit core files. You are mistakenly pointing people in the wrong direction as far as the file is concerned. If you do not know what files to edit or how to create a new theme, please read the tutorials. DO NOT EDIT THE DEFAULT THEME !!!!

• I understood then how to proceed, and in the translation for my language button of you is smaller than the text? O.o

• @BronzeLiga said:
    I understood then how to proceed, and in the translation for my language button of you is smaller than the text? O.o

Another thing friend from the moment that something is open source we can change what we will further this type of change that is realized only cosmetic and does not affect anything in the forum mechanism.

• @BronzeLiga said:
    Another thing friend from the moment that something is open source we can change what we will further this type of change that is realized only cosmetic and does not affect anything in the forum mechanism.

This isn't a question of Open Source. You are welcome to fork the core. However once you to that fork become your responsibility to support not relevant to vf.org

Cosmetic changes are not worth forking to core for. The core is very pluggable, so it is flexible to your need without having to edit the core.

The advice "don't edit the core", obviously doesn't apply to forks, becuase fork already assumes that you are in a different stream, and you are now responsible for the projects future.

The best advice is if you want to prevent issue with updates or general stability is don't edit the core. Just like you wouldn't edit wordpress core just to get some cosmetic change to a theme.

CSS stands for cascading style sheets, in which case it is possible to overrule style rule by precedence and specificity.

grep is your friend.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited October 2015

@BronzeLiga ,You need to understand that if you start to edit the design in the default files, you are ruining the design for other themes . If you edit the default and then try to use another custom theme or even create a new custom theme, you have ruined it and will have to go back and fix it.

This is common mistake people make and then they blame the other themes for not working after they messed up the default and forgot what they did where.

Even if you never plan on updating your software, you should always create child themes, or custom themes and avoid touching the default.

The custom.css file in a custom theme supersedes any other style sheet except for plugins and apps. It is the proper way to style the forum. If you do it the way you claim you did , it is the wrong advice to give. And as x00 said, you are on your own if you have problems and need help.

Look at it like this, Open Source comes with no Warranty but if it did, it would be a violation of the Warranty to edit the core files.