Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Deleting account if not verified

Hello,
Is there anyway to delete someone's account if they do not click the link in their email in a given amount of time? Starting to deal with spam and that is what usually gets all the new forums.

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

do you mean delete account if they are in unconfirmed role (i.e. if email is not confirmed after a certain amount of time.

you could use the cleanser plugin (select unconfirmed users) then edit prune list by date time period you want. then delete.

or possibly the bulk edit plugin.

personally I would use

some people prefer other methods. some people like what I suggested.

if you really mean "verified" - then you would need a different approach. verified is a column in user table - slightly different.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana

Yes this is what i mint. I did not know if there was a plugin made for it yet.

I will try your suggestion and see where that get's me.

Thanks.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

@ytadvisors

back up your database first. before deleting records. the safest thing to do

cleanser is best for deleting hundreds of records and mass deletion. otherwise bulkedit might be easier to use.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana

Yes thanks, learned that the hard way a few times. Never again!