HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can't set a default locale? Help here!

K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

Hi everyone!
I'm starting this tutorial because a problem of Vanilla in the Locale settings page.
When you just installed Vanilla 2, if you need to translate it, you go to Locale settings, and, when you set your locale to default.... Nothing.
Your Vanilla forum stay to English.

This is a problem of Vanilla:
When you enable your locale, you are redirected to a page like this: forum.com/settings/locales/enable/vf_fr/RANDOMCHARACTERS (vf_fr is the locale folder, for me french)
But when you are here, Vanilla seems to can't be able to change other settings.
What you can do:
-Enable your locale, go to the Dashboard's home page, and came back to the locale settings, and then reset your locale as default.
-Enable your locale, edit the url to just keep yourforum.com/settings/locales/ and set your locale as default
-Edit yourself your config.php file (but not recommended because you can break your forum and get a Bonk)
I hope that's helpfull, sorry for bad enlish and have fun with Vanilla!

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You can edit the config.php and not break the forum if you know what to do and pay attention to details...

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale']= 'en-CA';

or

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale']= 'vf-fr';

If this is not working you need to report it as a bug, because this is a configuration that should work unless the name of your locale does not match that.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

in 2.2.x it will be 2 characters

$Configuration['Garden']['Locale'] = 'en';

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭

@vrijvlinder a dit :
    You can edit the config.php and not break the forum if you know what to do and pay attention to details...

I know, it's just for people who aren't "code friendly", I prefer the first method.