Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thumbnail photos are huge now

What can i do to stop this?

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

what vanilla version number are you using?

you might want to upgrade to vanilla 2.1.12p3

Did you read the announcement and comments in announcement, Always a good idea.?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hmmm, i installed via the godaddy installatron, i am not sure how to update.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

no need to patch with 2.1.12p3

you might want to upgrade as well to 2.1.12p3 if you point to an old version patch. :)

then your dashboard version will be correct, you won't need to modify core,and all your files will be correct.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I restored a back up from 10-16 and it appears to be functioning properly. not sure how to update.

• The current update for installatron is p2

• I did update to p2 angain and the edit madhurasri mention in the link worked as well.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

BInarybadboy said:I did update to p2 angain and the edit madhurasri mention in the link worked as well.

do as you choose.
    I gave you the best advice to have your version up to date.

its not worth debating with someone who gives sub-par advice.

although the code will work, it is is not the same code as 2.1.12p3 and your index.php is off and versioning is off.

Tell your host provider to get the current release which is 2.1.12p3

it is better not to use automated things like you have because they can be out of date.

this is the "Best Way".

if you use the instructions here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/30966/vanilla-2-1-12-released-security-update

the second best way:

if you are going to edit files (the sub-par way) better to do these two steps:

I did update to p2 angain and the edit madhurasri mention in the link worked as well.

the way to have version and code out of whack is to do what you said you just did.