Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Changing Homepage Layout to Categories is not saving?

Hi

I'm trying to change my homepage layout from discussions to categories. When I select categories and click save it returns the your changes were saved successfully response but if I navigate away from the page and return to it, the changes are not saved and the option has returned to discussions. Any clues anyone? In case it makes a difference I am using the mobile theme as my main theme. Categories layout option is selected as Modern.

Thanks

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@lettie16

Welcome to the community.

Can I ask why you are using the mobile theme as your main theme?

Try setting the main theme to +Baseline and see if the change works then.

It may be that the mobile theme is not set up to show categories.

• We are using an embedded forum so using the mobile theme to be responsive and the layout fits better with the style of the embedding site. I think I have solved this. I believe it to be a write permission issue on the config.php file. I can change this manually and it works so don't think it is a problem with vanilla itself just server file permissions. Thanks for your comment though.