Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to Delete Button on Navbar

benjy000benjy000 New
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi Everyone,
I'm using the Bootstrap theme with Vanilla 2.1.13. I have also enabled the index plugin because that seems to be the only way I can make drop-down menus work.

I cannot seem to remove (or change) the button INDEX that appears on my site. If I disable the INDEX plugin then the drop-down menus don't work. So, keeping the INDEX plugin enabled, I've checked every file and I can't seem to edit or delete the INDEX menu button.

My site is bestschools.ca/forum. You'll see at the top INDEX in capital letters as part of the navbar.

Thank you for your help!

Comments

• Options

You will need to modify the default.master.tpl file for this most likely. The line that adds the index menu is also responsible for adding any other custom menus "{custom_menu}". There's most likely a better way to choose which custom menu items will be shown. Hopefully someone will comment further, but if not you need to post something in the bootstrap community.

• Options

Yeah I tried editing the default.master.tpl and actually removed the custom_menu entirely and it still shows.

• Options

I figured it out, added .nav.navbar-nav li.Index{
    visibility:hidden;
    }