HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Which editor is used on this forum?

I notice on this forum there is a way to upload images into the posts, but I dont see it on my vanilla install. Is it a plugin?

Comments

• plugin name: editor

available in the latest version of vanilla. as of today vanilla 2.2

for more info this might help....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31121/vanilla-is-proud-to-present-version-2-2

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/24503/how-to-search-the-forum-before-you-ask

type in search box...

image uploads

for vanilla 2.1 - you can use file upload or image upload plugins

see http://vanillaforums.org/addons

type file upload or image in search box

or for

type "editor this forum" in search box.

which shows editor to be "editor plugin" and more history on it as well as other answers.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• thanks for the help!

• @whatsupbro

you are welcome. no problem. thanks for responding.

Always great to get a follow-up response when answering a question for someone in a post. Sometimes people ask question and don't respond with a followup so you are never certain whether the help indeed helped.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• unixherounixhero
    edited November 2015

I believe it's not called "editor", but rather "Advanced Editor"

Copied from my 2.2 plugins section:
    "Advanced Editor
    Enables advanced editing of posts in several formats, including WYSIWYG, simple HTML, Markdown, and BBCode.
    DisableSettings Version 1.7.2|Requires: Vanilla Version >=2.2|By Dane MacMillan"

• @unixhero said:
    I believe it's not called "editor", but rather "Advanced Editor"

Copied from my 2.2 plugins section:
    "Advanced Editor
    Enables advanced editing of posts in several formats, including WYSIWYG, simple HTML, Markdown, and BBCode.
    DisableSettings Version 1.7.2|Requires: Vanilla Version >=2.2|By Dane MacMillan"

$PluginInfo['editor'] = array(
       'Name' => 'Advanced Editor',

you are correct

• the Name is Advanced Editor

when debugging with firebug, etc - it will show files relating to "editor" and (not Advanced Editor)

when looking at config.php or via plugin folder it will show up as "editor" not "Advanced Editor".

My pet peeve is plugin array info and folder name is totally different then plugin name,

better naming convention to make it much easier for all involved.

name the folder, the plugin name and the array info all the same (spaces ok).

so if your plugin name is "correct name"

make

$PluginInfo['correctname'] = array(
           'Name' => 'Correct Name',

in /correctname folder.

makes looking at folders easy and config.

if you have lots of plugins and are looking My Jambo when the folder is Rambo - pretty messy.

$PluginInfo['rambo'] = array(
    'Name' => 'My jambo',

folder

/plugins/rambo