HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Testing Facebook notifications

I want to see if I get a notification when someone responds to this.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

OK

• Thanks! OK, so I don't.

Is there any way to make it so that I get notified in Facebook when someone replies here?

• Seriously, what is this obsession with Facebook? Why do you need notifications for YOUR site pushed via a US advertising company?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@MikeBattaglia said:
    Thanks! OK, so I don't.

Is there any way to make it so that I get notified in Facebook when someone replies here?

You would have to create a plugin. That plugin would the forum owner require to create a facebook app so that he can use its API. Then you would have to hook into the notifications API. User must be allowed to not only select being notified with popups and mails, but also with Facebook.

• I'm testing posting from elinks here. Sign up was difficult with the recaptcha, but so far everything works. This is good for visually impaired people. Elinks is kind of like lynx, but a bit more advanced.

Line breaks also work.

• mschultermschulter Sacramento, CA New

Mike, I'm posting here to help you test your notifications and also to say that I share your view that "elinks is kind of like lynx, but a bit more advanced." It uses a kind of Javascript which helps with some sites, and also handles table formatting much better. Curiously, there are a few odd sites where lynx succeeds where elinks has glitches, so I use both at times, but elinks a great majority of the time.

• You probably do.

• @VanillaBoy91 - thanks, that is helpful. Kind of spooky, I was just thinking about this. Just curious, how did you stumble on this thread exactly? Feel free to PM details.

• You probably do.> @MikeBattaglia said:

@VanillaBoy91 - thanks, that is helpful. Kind of spooky, I was just thinking about this. Just curious, how did you stumble on this thread exactly? Feel free to PM details.

Haha, I was just browsing the different threads and decided to click on this one, I don't remember exactly why to be honest:)

• Oh, weird. Well, it was really helpful, because when I first wrote this post, I actually didn't get Facebook notifications. But now I do, I guess, which is great. Handy that Facebook is so connected to everything now.

• Actually, ok, it doesn't go through Facebook. You just get email notifications. Drat! I'm trying to migrate this huge group of people off of this Facebook forum, but Facebook is useful as a centralized way to get notifications. Back to looking at Wordpress...

• No, nothing seems to work. Well, I'm all out of ideas. Trying a bunch of things here, but starting to get frustrated at this thing now.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

What exactly are you trying to achieve? Which Facebook account should do which action as a respond to which event in Vanilla?