HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What mobile theme is this forum using?

What is the mobile theme running on this forum?

It's the nicest that I've seen so far. I can't figure out which one it is.

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@MikeBattaglia

I'd assume it is a proprietary one, like this theme is.

• I see. Is the idea that it's not being released publicly as an incentive to sign up for the paid cloud hosting?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

No, it's because they want people to make their own themes so they give you a bare bones version and you make with it what you want. They don't want clones of this forum.

There were no mobile themes when I started here and it was an incentive to make new themes and mobile themes.

If you want to clone their theme you still can do that by looking at the source and resources and making your own copies. The only thing you would need to create is the default.master.tpl template.

So there is no real need for them to release an exact copy of their theme...

The incentive to use the cloud hosted version is more about not having to code or design or headaches and run a forum successfully. Without worrying about how something works and trying to fix it.

• Ok. Well, the top bar and bottom bar scrolling in and out is the best way I've seen it work on mobile. Coding that up from scratch myself will be... annoying, to say the least.

I hope the admins reconsider at least releasing part of it, as good mobile themes are not easy to find, and having to reinvent the wheel for some of these features is not productive.

CSS has got to be the easiest language to use... I can make you a theme if you wish, it really is simpler than making a pull request :P

I don't know what you see in the theme here that is spectacular, or any better than other themes..... I hardly would call designing a theme reinventing the wheel.

Create a new Mobile theme:

1.Make a new folder call it the name of your new theme.

2.create a tpl file where you will clone the template

3.create a CSS file where you will copy the CSS

4.crate an about.php file for the theme to be picked up

5.add the name of the theme into the config.php $Configuration for the mobile theme

• I know CSS, I'm just saying it's a time sink to do it.

To be honest, it's really just the toolbars that swipe in from top and bottom that I like. Gives you a ton of screen room and is very clean. That's the only thing I really care about. The rest of it I'd be happy to screw around with from scratch.

It's probably some jQuery calls making it all work - would that be in default.master.tpl?

• OK, finally figured out - it's called "Lithe Mobile," and apparently is not easy to run on the open source build. I didn't find it because I didn't know to search for Lithe Mobile.

Yes and you can actually use the theme bootstrap for both desktop and mobile. The mini menu is js yes. I have not encountered a theme that was not easy to run. I have encountered bad themes though.

would that be in default.master.tpl?

No that theme has js files like Bootstrap

• I'm not sure what that means - you can see in the link I posted that they aren't going to release lithe mobile for the open source version because it was built specifically for cloud, and the system requirements to run it are a lot higher than the baseline needed for Vanilla.

I'll check out Bootstrap, thanks.

Yes Bootstrap and the mobile theme here Lithe were made by Kasper Isager. Look him up on github he may be able to give you a hand.

• Thank you! Will do.

• @vrijvlinder, I'm getting really into the idea of making my own theme.

Do lots of people use Bootstrap as a starting point and then customize from there? It looks quite nice, though there are a few responsiveness issues on mobile that I'd like to tweak.

They use it because they like the ease of changing templates and editing it is a bit different than a typical theme though but you should not have too much trouble. I made a bunch of themes and some I also made mobile theme to match . It really is not hard and it is enjoyable actually.