Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Help! - Page Will Not Load When I Try to Login

nateroenateroe New
edited November 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am new to vanilla forums as of yesterday, so I am likely making an amateur mistake, but I have searched online and have been unable to find a solution. Okay, here is the problem that I am experiencing:

When I login to the forum with my administrator login information from the "homepage" (The home forum page that a visitor would see.) the site gives me this message -

"Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while."

Once this message appears, the site will no longer load. I am able to login through the /index.php?p=dashboard/settings and this works fine, even after the front end no longer works. After this happened, I tried to load the forum from a different browser. It worked, until I did the same (Try to login with the admin account through the forum homepage). I tried it with a third browser - same story. It worked at first, I tried to login and then that message.

My site is hosted through GoDaddy and I installed it with the Installatron feature.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Thanks for your help!

Tagged:

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You need to turn debug on . Search the forum the answer has been answered before .

• Thanks! Here is what I received from turning on the debug

test.lidarnews.com/vanilla

• I changed the permissions on /cache/Smarty/compile to 777 as I saw this suggested on a post...It did not resolve the problem

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited November 2015

The installation features with certain hosts sucks and it is not advised to do so.

Get the application Filezilla and get the login info for your host and then re upload the files from the fresh install you are going to download from here in the add ons section.

Do not give 777 permissions because you are opening yourself to being hacked.

Use filezilla to overwrite your files. Before that save the config.php on the desktop just in case. then delete the .ini files in the cache of the forum folder.

Make sure your host is using correct php version required to run this.

• Thank!

Here are the errors I received:

Notice Undefined index: DisplayAs in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 253
    Notice Undefined index: DisplayAs in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 253
    Notice Undefined index: LastDiscussionID in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 591
    Notice Undefined index: LastDiscussionID in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 591
    Notice Undefined index: LastDiscussionID in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 621
    Notice Undefined variable: Discussions in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 621
    Notice Undefined variable: Comments in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 631
    Notice Undefined index: LastDiscussionID in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 621
    Notice Undefined variable: Discussions in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 621
    Notice Undefined variable: Comments in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 631
    Notice Undefined property: stdClass::$DisplayAs in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/views/modules/categories.php line 24
    Notice Undefined property: stdClass::$DisplayAs in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/views/modules/categories.php line 33

• Thank!

Here are the errors I received:

Notice Undefined property: stdClass::$DisplayAs in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/views/modules/categories.php line 24
    Notice Undefined property: stdClass::$DisplayAs in /home/frmsnh/public_html/test.lidarnews.com/vanilla/applications/vanilla/views/modules/categories.php line 33

• Undefined variable: Comment in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/vanilla/applications/vanilla/models/class.categorymodel.php line 631